- Poll Shows Early Approval Ratings
- Possible Bill Would Make Gun Permits Confidential
- Waterloo Police Investigating Incidents
- Friends and Family Remember Emma
- Planning Your Escape From Winter
- Nurse Who Contracted Ebola Files Lawsuit
- Body Found In Creek that of Missing Woman
- Des Moines Police Investigate Death
- Girl Scout Wears Sash With Pride
- Gas Tax Here, But How Long Until Fixes
- Mix of Winter Weather Being Felt Across U.S.
- CRMA Brings Back Back Beaux Ball
- DHS to Stay Open for Next Week
- Arrest Made Following January Fire
- Driver Reaction To Gas Tax Increase
- Vinton Teen Dies After Being Shot
- Hyundai Recalls 263,000 Vehicles
- Bitter Cold Sets New Records
- 6 Displaced After Apartment Fire
- Iowa Town Says Goodbye To Mr. Spock
- Police Issue Operation Quickfind
- Popping Bottles To Promote IA Wine
- May's Island Garage Open Despite Construction
- Man Charged in Mobile Home Fire
- Melting Winter Weight for Spring
- Keeping Residents Informed about Changes
- Facebook Tackles Suicide Prevention
- New Ideas on The Pill
- Police Officer Cleared in Fatal Shooting
- Court Rejects Lawsuit Over Film Tax Credits
- Paulsen Calls Gas Tax "Difficult Decision"
- Man Known as Mr. Spock Dead at 83
- Janitor Accused of Stealing from Desks
- Watchdog Believes Lost IRS Emails Were Crime
- Man Arrested for Dynamite Threat
- Bill to Give Child Sex Abuse Victims More Time to Sue
- New Figures Temper 2014 Economic Growth
- UPDATE: Police Issue Warrant After Shooting
- Court Rules Tobacco Lawsuit Can Continue
- 173K Iowans Possibly Hit By Data Breach
- Linn County Video Investigation
- What Color is This Dress?
- Landlocked Iowa Sets Export Record
- CBJ Report: February 26th
- Woman Spreads Tanning Warning
- Starting Young Girls Early in STEM
- WEATHER FIRST: Updated Snow Totals
- $1.5 Million Granted for Flood Recovery
- Novak Students Collect for a Cause
- Gladbrook-Reinbeck School Closing
New Driver's License Station in Cedar Rapids
Updated: Friday, January 3 2014, 03:54 PM CST
CEDAR RAPIDS (CBS 2/FOX 28) --
The Iowa Department of Transportation’s driver license station in Cedar Rapids will open at its new location, 3726 Queen Court SW, Ste.. 203 - 208, at 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 14, 2014.
The current driver’s license station at the K-Mart Plaza, 152 Collins Road N.E. will be open through Friday, Jan. 10. Following close of business at 5 p.m. that day, Iowa DOT staff will be moving all the equipment and will be ready to welcome customer at the new site at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14.
The new driver’s license station location will provide more customer space, convenient access to routes for customers who need to complete drive tests and the ability to conduct on-site commercial driver’s license skills testing.
Officials say the new site’s more open and flexible floor plan will also provide a better customer experience for those who want to use the self-service kiosk option to renew a driver’s license or identification card.